Ontario’s Construction Lien Act, designed to provide contractors and subcontractors with an efficient means of collecting payment, poses a multitude of procedural pitfalls for unwary litigants.
We represent property owners, contractors, and subcontractors in this complex field and can assist you in navigating the hazards and ensuring you meet all requirements. We can provide:
- advice regarding holdback requirements, time limitations, and notice requirements;
- coordination of title registrations to preserve your lien rights;
- preparation of lien-related pleadings to assert your claims in court;
- carriage of proceedings through the preliminary stages;
- representation at trial; and
- handling of construction litigation that falls outside the scope of the Construction Lien Act such as when a time limit has been missed or negligence claims against contractors.
Trust us with your construction litigation needs today.